* 3 tbsp olive oil
* 1 cooking onion, diced
* 6 tbsp minced fresh ginger
* 6 cloves of garlic
* 2 tsp curry powder
* 1 tsp cayenne pepper
* 1-1/3 cups carrot juice
* 3/4 cup rice vinegar
* 1 cup filtered water
* 2 cups natural smooth peanut butter
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 2/3 cup tamari
* 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
* 1/4 cup sunflower oil
* Heat oil in a pot. Add onion, ginger and garlic. Cook 5 minutes or until onion is soft.
* Add curry powder and cayenne pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
* Add remaining ingredients. Stir and let cool. Puree in a blender until smooth.
* Before serving, heat gently in a saucepan over low heat.
* Serves 6.
* Sauce lasts for about 5 days in the fridge and also freezes well.
Recipe ~ 'fresh at home' Everyday Vegetarian Cooking.
Restaurant ~ Fresh BY Juice for Life (Toronto).